The SPTC announces the SPTC14.2 Request for Proposals for Research, Education, and Outreach Support. The competition is open to Oklahoma colleges and universities as lead applicants.
SPTC14.2 Request for Proposals
Eligible lead applicants are colleges and universities in Oklahoma.
SPTC14.2 Intent to Apply Form – Download DOC
SPTC14.2 Proposal Cover Page Form – Download DOC
SPTC14.2 Request for Proposals (RFP) – Download PDF
SPTC14.2 Budget Justification Instructions – Download PDF
Proposal Preparation Workshops:
sThe SPTC is presenting workshops to assist with proposal preparation; The workshops last approximately two hours. The presentations use the GoToMeeting service at no charge to allow participants to attend from their office or in a group setting with a projector. The GoToMeeting connection information for a specific workshop is given upon registration prior to;8:00 a.m. the day of the workshop.
SPTC Workshops for SPTC14.2 Proposal Preparation:
- Wednesday, March 12, 2014, 2:30 p.m. CDST, OU; Carson Engineering Center Room 100 and GoToMeeting
We encourage remote viewers for the GoToMeeting presentation to form a group and to project the slides onto a screen since we have limited connections. The group can then use one computer microphone to ask questions. When more than one computer is used in a room, the microphone must be muted except when asking questions or use headphones with a personal microphone.
The Oklahoma Department of Transportation has approved the following proposal topics.
- Assess the Capacity for Bridges Identified for Routing of Heavy Trucks and Permit Overloads. Learn more.
- Develop Decision Tools for Prioritizing Bridge Replacement and Rehabilitation on an Annual Basis in Oklahoma. Learn more.
- Develop Social Return on Investment (SROI) Calculation Methodology for Facilitating Asset Management Decision Making. Learn more.
- Develop Special Provisions for Intelligent Compaction of Stabilized Soil Subgrades. Learn more.
- Evaluate Effectiveness of Safety Edge Implementation for Asphalt Pavements in the State of Oklahoma. Learn more.
- Investigate the Impact of Overload Trucks on Oklahoma Pavements. Learn more.
- Study Temperature Effects in Bridge Condition Evaluation and Capacity Rating in Oklahoma. Learn more.
- Validate Field Employed X-Ray Fluorescence (XRF) on Stabilized Subgrade Projects for Construction Quality Control and Geotechnical Forensic Investigations. Learn more.
Unsolicited Research topic proposals that meet the SPTC mission and the ODOT mission are welcome.